Mohammed is the Senior and Founding Partner at Eldwick Law. He is a criminal defence solicitor, specialising in serious crime and fraud. He has over 25 years of experience in defending some of the largest and most complex criminal prosecutions.
Mohammed has defended prosecutions brought by the Serious Fraud Office, National Crime Agency, Competitions & Market Authority, Crown Prosecution Service, Serious Organised Crime Agency, HM Revenue & Customs, Department of Work & Pensions, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Royal Mail and various other prosecuting authorities.
Mohammed is regarded as on the country’s primary criminal defence solicitors, ranked in leading directors such as the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners. He has recently developed a practice in the field of “encro-chat” investigations and prosecutions, and is renowned as an expert in the field.
- R v DB – Successfully defended a former British heavyweight boxer in a gangland murder trial
- R v P – Achieved the only acquittal in a gangland murder trial
- R v KH – Achieved an acquittal in a murder trial following a mass brawl
- R v SQ – Achieved the only acquittal in a multi-handed murder case, which involved complex issues around torture
- R v DT – Acted in a large scale, multi million pound drugs conspiracy across the North of England
- R v ZI – Acted for a Defendant in a multi-handed, high value drugs conspiracy across the North East and Yorkshire
- R v SH – Acted in a complex, multi-handed cash in transit armed robbery conspiracy across the North West, Yorkshire and the Midlands
- R v DM – Defended a high value drugs conspiracy across Greater Manchester and Yorkshire, and the case involved complex issues of cell site analysis and the use of “ghost phones”
- R v FH – Acted for the defendant in the UK’s largest cyber fraud
- R v AF – Large scale drugs conspiracy and money laundering trial
- R v AI – Represented an accountant on a large scale fraud and money laundering operation
- R v AH – Successfully defended a £175 million mortgage fraud
- R v HO – Represented a client who was charged with a large scale fraud matter which was investigated by the Counter Terrorism Unit
- R v AK – Represented a Dentistry Student who was charged under the Terrorism Legislation
- R v DA – Represented a client who was acquitted of a large scale counterfeit tobacco operation prosecuted by the HMRC
Professional Societies and Memberships:
- Very High Cost Cases Panel
- Serious Fraud Panel
- The Law Society
- Criminal Law Solicitors Association