“Rupinder is wonderful. She provides unparalleled support and expertise in her field. She uniquely embodies compassion, expertise and ingenuity while being mindful of timings, cost and driving results.” – Chambers & Partners
Rupinder is a specialist in high-net-worth divorce and international family law, as well as business and personal immigration law. She has been ranked in Chambers & Partners and is a member of Resolution. She regularly advises British expatriates residing abroad and international families living in the UK on financial settlements, varying consent orders, and pre-and post-nuptial agreements.
A fluent English, Punjabi, and Hindu speaker, Rupinder also has considerable aptitude and experience in children’s law, including child abduction and international relocation. She has run cases concerning children’s law and international divorce in the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent, and East Africa.
Rupinder’s immigration law practice focuses on all types of personal immigration matters including complex business law matters, including applications for Sponsor Licences, Skilled Worker Visas and Global Talent Visas. She has the commercial insight and the legal expertise to ensure businesses can recruit the talent they need to reach their growth targets.
“She works hard for her clients, ensuring that no stone is left unturned.”
Rupinder’s clients appreciate the enormous amount of time she spends listening to them and ensuring she understands the results they want to achieve. She is never intimidated by the other side’s tactics in international and high-net-worth divorce cases and is relentless in ensuring her clients’ cases continue to progress. Rupinder is a talented negotiator and is tenacious in her determination to never give up until she gets the best result for her clients.
- Advising high net worth individuals in complex financial proceedings including issues of non-disclosure or where careful analysis of family businesses and trust interests is required;
- Preparation of complex pre- and post-nuptial agreements;
- Expertise in representing clients involved in highly acrimonious and long-running intractable contact and residence disputes especially cases involving allegations of parental alienation and where expert psychiatric assessment has been required to assist the court;
- Representing clients in cases involving relocation, both external and internal as well as international leave to remove cases;
- Representing victims of domestic abuse in non-molestation and occupation order proceedings including the accused for return date hearings;
- Acting for parents involved in child abduction matters including Hague Convention applications, whether acting to seek return of the child or oppose return and can advise in relation to tactical actions needed to prevent a potential removal in circumstances where there are concerns that this might be a real risk.
- Advising clients on Point Based System applications;
- Successfully represented a client in the European Court of Justice on the legal analysis of Strasbourg jurisprudence and free movement;
- Representing a client in the Supreme Court who sought leave to remain in the UK, having formed a relationship with a British citizen whilst present in the UK unlawfully;
- Challenging the UK’s rules on the rights of non-EU nationals who are, or have been, family members of EU nationals residing in the UK;
- Representing clients in a Court of Appeal matter challenging an error of fact made by the Home Office and Tribunal to demonstrate it would have made a material difference to the Tribunal;
- Acting for clients with positive decisions in respect of settlement applications, adult dependant, spouse visas and visit visas;
- Extensive experience in representing clients with complex Human Rights matters;
- Advising clients with complex statutory appeals whose sponsor licences are revoked by the Home Office;
- Representing clients in judicial reviews of increasing complexity;
- Successfully represented a client who was deported and overturned the decision to allow his return to the UK.
Professional Societies / Memberships:
- The Law Society
- Society of Asian Lawyers
- Chambers & Partners 2023