Julian is a solicitor, notary public, and Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a CEDR accredited mediator.
His areas of practice include intellectual property rights (IPR) – copyright, trademarks, patents, design, branding, image, story and format rights, trade secrets, and passing off including the application of IPR to emerging technologies such as blockchain, NFTs and AI.
Julian has a broad range of experience in a variety of sectors that include film, TV, music, publishing, design and fashion, gaming, photography, technology and innovation including fintech, the automotive industry and the renewable and sustainable energy sectors.
Also, he advises on commercial law issues including licensing, franchise, agency, directors and shareholders agreements.
Julian’s background in civil and commercial litigation matters means he has a rounded and holistic approach when advising a client being mindful of potential pitfalls that can arise and how these should be avoided.
Julian’s alternative dispute resolution (ADR) practice includes being a founder member of Q Chambers whose services include mediation, and arbitration services. Q Chambers works collaboratively with Eldwick Law.
Writing and lecturing includes:
Julian regularly writes and lectures upon legislation, policy and regulatory developments that translates into advice for clients working in fast changing sectors where the law is racing to catch up.
- Editorial contributor to the EU Audio Visual Observatory.
- Legal Analyst Automotive EV.
- Guest speaker at CENEX- autonomous vehicles
- Guest lecturer University of Reading and on the University of Law’s list of visiting lecturers.
- Panelist and provider of legal clinic to the London Screenwriters’ Festival.
- Speaker Kingston International Film Festival.
- Guest lecturer to the Cologne Film School.
- Contributor to various journals including Broadcast, Television Business Industry.
- Law Society
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Notaries Society
- Writers Guild of Great Britain